My Photo
Name:
Location: Argentina Neuquén Mission, Argentina

Friday, September 7, 2007

Hooey

I hate Cascading Style Sheets.

Someone who wants to make a fortune will invent a reliable, easy-to-use CSS WYSIWIG editor. If you’ve got one, would you please get it to me by noon today?

Thank you.

I also hate doing dishes and/or laundry, especially at the same time. I’ve never done them at the same time, but I’m sure that would be bad.

Folding clothes is a pain in the rear. I used to just shove them all, unfolded, in a drawer. But nooooooo! That “wrinkles” them. Oh, for the days when wrinkled clothing was a sign of artistic rebellion and not just pure sloth…

Who likes cats, raise your hand. You’ll notice my hand isn’t up.

Why, at 10:00 PM, when I’m watching the only television I watch all day, do all three shows I flip through have commercials on at the same time?

I want to commit crabgrass genocide.

I’m enjoying my rediscovery of the Travelling Wilburys. I think George Harrison is the most underrated Beatle, and John Lennon is the most overrated. Ringo is still the luckiest man on earth.

If I want to feel old, I ask people if they can name all four Beatles. Very few people under 30 can do that. I have yet to meet anyone besides me who can name all of the Rolling Stones. Except that’s a trick question, anyway, because Brian Jones, Mick Taylor, and Bill Wyman were all Rolling Stones but aren’t anymore. Only Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, and Charlie Watts have always been Rolling Stones. Ron Wood is a Rolling Stone now, but he didn’t used to be.

I heard Roundabout by Yes on the radio yesterday. Is there a more pretentious, boring band on the planet? I’ll save you time. No, there isn’t. Their 90125 album was good, though, but that was Trevor Rabin, not Yes.

Martin Short was funny on the 1984-1985 season of Saturday Night Live and in the movie Three Amigos. That’s about it.

Glenn Beck is the least tedious talk radio host.

Global warming is dishonest – not because it isn’t happening, but because the alarmists are using it to further an unrelated political agenda that they can’t pursue openly. And if global warming is happening, it’s not our fault.

I hate parking.

That is all. For now…

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The ultimate Yes torture album...Tales from Topographic Oceans. Double album, 4 songs! I like Yes, and I still can’t get beyond 45 seconds of the first song.

Want to feel old. Try talking to someone under 30 about the old TV tuners that had a knob. You to scan 12 stations in 1 second. This was usually followed by your father flipping out about the cost of the tuner (my house went through 3) If you could get a digital cable box to do that you would be a millionaire.

My 5 year old keeps wanting to know my "number" (age). I keep asking how old do you think I am? Oh maybe 21. "Your pretty old dad." Thankfully he hasn't figured out I am 40...

September 7, 2007 at 9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog is very random.

September 7, 2007 at 10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and John Lovitz is the funniest man alive.

September 7, 2007 at 10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooey!
HONG KONG PHOOEY
-Number One Super Guy,
HONG KONG PHOOEY- faster than the human eye...

September 7, 2007 at 10:49 AM  
Blogger jjrakman said...

Try Trevor Rabin's solo album.

September 7, 2007 at 11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always get Trevor Rabin confused with Trevor Horne.

They should have called everyone Bruce and ended any confusion.

September 7, 2007 at 11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jim,

No need to worry about Rudy. Drudge is reporting that he said that Illegal Immigration should not be illegal...

He's done.

September 7, 2007 at 11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jon Driggs' favorite band was Yes.

Glenn Beck is a Mormon.

Parking is fun if you drive a Mini.

September 7, 2007 at 7:16 PM  
Blogger jjrakman said...

Anything less than a 250 thread count is a skin chaffing hell.

September 8, 2007 at 4:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rush, not the band (ugh), rather, Limbaugh. Youzzir, or however you spell it.

September 9, 2007 at 6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home