My Photo
Name:
Location: Argentina Neuquén Mission, Argentina

Saturday, October 6, 2007

Aaaargh! Languatron Invades Real Life!

Saying the name “Languatron” aloud in polite company is a slightly disturbing experience.

I’ve certainly done it on a few occasions, usually with members of my family. (My wife likes to use the handle “Languatron” when we play laser tag, in honor of Langy’s own stated enthusiasm for that particular activity.) But last night, my strange Internet history collided with real life in an unexpected way, and it was all somewhat surreal.

We were at a wedding reception for our across-the-street neighbor, and several members of our local LDS congregation came to wish her well. I’m a little peeved, because my wife and I had decided she was supposed to marry my brother-in-law, and now that ‘s not going to happen, dag nab it. But I digress.

It was there that one of our other neighbors came up to me and said “I enjoy your blog.”

My blood froze.

Keep in mind that I don’t advertise my blog with actual flesh-and-blood types. For quite some time, in the real world, I’ve been able to pass myself off as a respectable, almost-normal citizen with no strange Yul Brynner fixation and/or propensity to inappropriately use the word “moist.”

So how had he found it?

He began here:



Javelin Man was a movie and song that I wrote for an LDS stake film festival, and a while ago, I put the finished product up on YouTube. It’s been quite successful – over 7,500 views at last count.

Well, this neighbor went to watch it and clicked on my handle to see if there were any other films in my collection.

He found this:



He told me it was strange and confusing, and he did a bit of research to find out who this Languatron guy was, which led him here. He concluded, as do all reasonable and sane people, that the guy was a major lunatic. We spent a few minutes discussing the history of Andrew Fullen’s grand battle against Universal executives.

That's when I learned that it’s one thing to write about this stuff. It’s quite another thing to discuss it out loud.

So Jared, hello! Keep reading! I promise there’s a lot more stuff on here than just Languatronic drivel. I’m not sure if any of it’s worth anyone’s time, but you can talk about most of it out loud without sounding like a loon.

Maybe.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Languatron is defintely a looney bird. But there is a part of me that admires is allegiance to his own point of view, as crazy as it might be, and his utter unwillingness to be disuaded from it.

October 7, 2007 at 1:11 AM  
Blogger Elder Samuel Bennett said...

I actually have no probelm with that. I just wish it were possible to talk to him like he's a human being.

October 7, 2007 at 7:43 AM  
Blogger The Wiz said...

That second video is strange and confusing.

October 7, 2007 at 11:03 AM  
Blogger LankyLeopard said...

Wow! I got my name listed in my very first blog. I feel so cool. Keep up the random rants. I'll try to keep your alter ego safe from our "unsuspecting neighbors".

October 7, 2007 at 5:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I would be more concerned about living near someone whose screen name is lankyleopard.

October 7, 2007 at 6:27 PM  
Blogger Elder Samuel Bennett said...

He's very tall.

October 8, 2007 at 10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you die, many, many, many years from now, a Languatron will probably flash before your eyes.

I don't know if that's funny or sad.

A strange quietitude descends.

October 8, 2007 at 1:12 PM  
Blogger John Larocque said...

History will never erase Languatron the Legend, and Those Who Could Not Fight Him Alone.

October 11, 2007 at 8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home