My Photo
Name:
Location: Argentina Neuquén Mission, Argentina

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

DC or Bust!

Keeping it short today - I’m traveling again.

I’ve been selected to serve on the Musical Theatre panel to review grant applications for the National Endowment for the Arts. That’s really cool, except that it means I have to be on a plane at 6:00 AM this morning, which stops over in Denver and then heads off to DC. I got to the airport early enough to bump into Wayne Osmond of Osmond Brothers fame!

Jealous?

This Brush with Greatness wasn't enough to make travelling fun, though. Take all the travel horror stories I told you about Kauai and apply them to a far less temperate climate.

I’m still pretty excited, though. I love DC. I was born there, although my memory of that event is hazy at best. (I was pretty young then.) We moved to sunny SoCal when I was six, but I have far more memories of my early childhood than I thought I would. My wife and I moved back to the our nation's capitol in ’94 right after we got married, and we had a blast. I was an intern for Senator Alan K. Simpson of Wyoming, and I got the opportunity to write several installments of “Face Off,” a nightly five-minute debate between Al Simpson and Ted Kennedy. It was broadcast on national radio, and the first time I heard it, I jumped up and down and said “Yeeha! I’m arguing with Ted Kennedy on national radio!” To which my wife responded – “No, you’re really arguing with some other snot-nosed intern in Kennedy’s office who’s saying the same thing.”

My wife keeps me humble. Which is too bad, really, ‘cause I’m a frikkin’ genius.

7 Comments:

Blogger Anonymous_1 said...

Wayne Osmond was always the most talented, though his vast talent went unrecognized. Such is the way of the world.

November 13, 2007 at 9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always preferred Gleepy Osmond. Not as talented, but always entertaining.

November 13, 2007 at 10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was partial to Hugo (the evil twin)Osmond.

November 13, 2007 at 12:16 PM  
Blogger foodleking said...

Hugo was not really evil. He was just severely misguided. Too much green jello with mangos, I believe.

Gleepy's middle name was Skloozum, BTW.

November 13, 2007 at 1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Hugo, Too crazy for Boys Town, too much of a boy for Crazy Town.

November 13, 2007 at 2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You people are gay. I liked Marie.

November 13, 2007 at 2:51 PM  
Blogger AlphaNova said...

Wives have a tendency to keep husbands humble..weather they like it or not.

November 13, 2007 at 6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home