My Photo
Name:
Location: Argentina Neuquén Mission, Argentina

Thursday, January 10, 2008

I Love My Wife

So last night, I stay up finishing the Space:1999 DVD down in the basement, and I get to bed some time between 11:30 and midnight. This morning, Mrs. Cornell asks, "Did you have fun playing Guitar Hero III last night?" To which I responded, "I didn't play Guitar Hero III last night," which was true. "Then what were you doing?" she asked. "Blogging," I said, which was also true.

But not the whole truth. (I had hoped to sneak the whole Space:1999 thing past her without incident.)

Then, today, as I'm driving from Salt Lake City to Logan, she calls me on my cell phone and says, "Hey! Guess what! I read your blog!"

Busted.

My wife doesn't usually read blogs unless I make her. But she wanted to see what I could have possibly written that kept me up so late. It's a pity she won't read this, because then she won't see what I'm about write - about how she's so remarkably beautiful, and every day with her as more glorious than the day before. Ah, well. If only she knew how I worship the very ground she walks on.

(Smooth, no?)

Another debate tonight - didn't see it, but word is that Fred eviscerated Huckabee and came off triumphant. Nobody noting much about Romney and McCain, though, which is too bad. Romney needs to shine, and/or McCain needs to stumble. I have no predictions going forward. I just know whatever happens will probably be bad.

The best news of the night is that the Daily Kos, the ultimate left wing blog, is recruiting Democrats to cross parties in Michigan and vote for Romney to keep him in the race. Pathetic. And I'm OK with it. That's even more pathetic.

One person who's definitely not pathetic is my wife. She's such an amazing person - beauty, brains, the whole enchilada. Gosh, I'm lucky to have married her.

She has to stay married to me, anyway. I'm the only one who can get the printer to work.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jim you must atone to your wife.

I think giving her Queue positions 1-3, for any movie she desires, and you must watch them with her.

Preferably something staring Meredith Baxter and a bunch of “no-good” men.

January 11, 2008 at 9:01 AM  
Blogger The Wiz said...

You are lucky to have married her, that's true.

January 11, 2008 at 11:22 AM  
Blogger Heather O. said...

The first thing anybody ever told me about Mrs. Cornell was, "Stallion's marrying up."

Sorry dude, but it's true.

January 11, 2008 at 4:04 PM  
Blogger AlphaNova said...

It sucks getting caught in a lie by the wife, doesn't it?

I know the feeling.

January 13, 2008 at 6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home