My Photo
Name:
Location: Argentina Neuquén Mission, Argentina

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter - the Moist Board is back!

That's not a huge cause for celebration, as it's not on the new server yet. So it's still achingly, mind-numbingly slow. But at least it's there. 

Turns out I had changed the password for the database. I changed it back, and voila! Slow board returns. iPower continues to suck. 

I've been a neglectful landlord over there for far too long, but the thought of that board just vanishing forever scared the bejeebers out of me. There's too much stupidity concentrated in one place to just let it die. 

Languatron, over at frakheads.com, was prematurely celebrating Moist's demise. Lang loses again. Now THAT'S cause for celebration. 

9 Comments:

Blogger AlphaNova said...

Yeah, changing the password will do it.

The old board was using the old password to try to link to the database, then it gets screwed up.

Jim I think John is right about just installing a new board on your bro's server and then doing a database reinstall, just don't use the old configuration settings,otherwise it will begin to link to the old board.

March 23, 2008 at 9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You suck!

March 23, 2008 at 11:19 AM  
Blogger AlphaNova said...

How clever. An anonymous troll with the comment "you suck".

My, my. Aren't you original.

March 23, 2008 at 3:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gee, a critique on originality coming from the owner of the "DRY BOARD".

March 23, 2008 at 6:36 PM  
Blogger AlphaNova said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

March 24, 2008 at 5:49 AM  
Blogger AlphaNova said...

My, my, aren't you the "flamer".

Related to Burl by any chance?

March 24, 2008 at 5:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AlphaNova said...

How clever. An anonymous troll with the comment "you suck".

My, my. Aren't you original.


not rgrant is as valid a handle as alphanova and my comment was made in jest. I should have put a wink in there on second thought.

Being lectured on being a troll with your history only makes me LMAO!

Priceless.

March 24, 2008 at 9:52 AM  
Blogger Elder Samuel Bennett said...

Catfight!

March 24, 2008 at 10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and sometimes the pot needs to be reminded what color it is.

March 24, 2008 at 3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home