My Photo
Name:
Location: Argentina Neuquén Mission, Argentina

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Conversational French

I did an entry on this last year, as I know several useless French phrases that are either ridiculous or rude, sometimes both. But tonight, I learned a new French verb that I thought you might like.

The English translation is "to wax," as in "to wax a surfboard."

The French verb? "Farter."

It is conjugated thusly in the present tense:

je farte
tu fartes
il/elle farte
nous fartons
vous fartez
ils/elles fartent

Please make a note of it.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And who taught you that?

September 21, 2008 at 8:45 PM  
Blogger James A. Howard said...

"I wax my surfboards and my old friends."

The Babel Fish translator on Yahoo.com translates the preceding sentence as follows:

"Je cire mes planches de surfing et mes vieux amis."

September 21, 2008 at 10:18 PM  
Blogger Ethan said...

The Babel Fish translator peut aller se faire grater le nez. C'est un plaisir de farter. Je trouve du repos en fartant.

September 22, 2008 at 5:00 AM  
Blogger Abby said...

The Babel Fish translator can go to be made grater the nose. C' is a pleasure of waxing. I find rest while waxing.

September 22, 2008 at 6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home