My Photo
Name:
Location: Argentina Neuquén Mission, Argentina

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Why?

Why is there snow on the ground this year on March 24? Why? Dear Thor, why?!!

I just spent two hours folding clothes. We have a dishwasher, why not a clothesfolder?

Why does Barack Obama keep promising to do very, very scary things? Why does America want him to do these things? Why do I want to run and hide every time he opens his mouth?

Why can't I eat whatever I want with no waistlinic or gastric consequences?

Why do people email me or call me on weekends?

Why does my cat wait until I've just fallen asleep before meowing very, very loudly in my ear? Why does he insist on going outside when there's snow, and then meow loudly until I let him back in, only to meow to go back out? Why is this cat still alive?

Why hasn't JK Rowling broken down and started writing a new novel that takes place in the Harry Potter Universe when you know, sooner or later, that's she's going to do exactly that?

Why does Languatron still think I'm Glen A. Larson?

Why do I not have a Green Lantern-style power ring that can mine the mountains of Utah for a rare gem that will make me a gazillionaire?

Why does Glenn Beck keep pushing a 30-year-old John Birch Society book up to the top of the Amazon bestseller lists? Why does anyone listen to the John Birch Society? Why do people feel compelled to believe that the Federal Reserve is secretly run by six gnomes that live in the caves of Mt. Baden Powell?

Why haven't the Boy Scouts of America been targeted as a terrorist organization?

Why do I keep getting older without any warning?

Why do things cost money, forcing me to actually earn money to pay for them?

Why must floors always be swept and dishes always be done?

Why do mornings always arrive earlier than the sun does?

Why am I not asleep?

The end. Good night. (That answers the last one. Sort of.)

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why doesn't this post have any comments yet?

March 25, 2009 at 11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You always struck me as someone who would enjoy gastric consequences.

March 25, 2009 at 1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"We have a dishwasher, why not a clothesfolder? "

Yes we do, its called a wife.

Ducks and covers...

March 25, 2009 at 2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The human condition and domesticity combine in a complex yet understated narrative presented in the form of the interrogative, allowing us to challenge the underlying violence of the dominant discourse and its hegemony.

BTW Did you sleep well?

Abbot

March 26, 2009 at 5:42 AM  
Blogger Elder Samuel Bennett said...

I did sleep well, yes. Thank you.

March 26, 2009 at 8:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stallion,

Iron my shirt!

March 26, 2009 at 8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What I want to know is...why didn't you ever finish folding the clothes?

March 26, 2009 at 10:06 AM  
Blogger James A. Howard said...

Excellent response, Mrs. Cornell.

March 29, 2009 at 10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home