My Photo
Name:
Location: Argentina Neuquén Mission, Argentina

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Love and Guts

From Act XVI of the Prometheus Melting Cycle

PROMETHEUS:

Ah, Drucilla.

So you're dead.

So what!

Do you want to watch me cry?

Do you need to hear me scream?

Dead men tell no tales, fella.

Neither do dead chicks.

And, my fine feathered friend, you are as dead as they come.

(Screaming) DRUCILLA!!

When you died, my heart died with you.

Now I tear out my heart as you tore out my soul!

(He reaches into his chest and pulls out a hamburger smothered in ketchup.)

How my love consumes me.

Now I consume my love!

(He takes a big chaw out of the burger and spits it out. He reaches into his vest pocket and produces a bottle of French's yellow mustard.)

Now I consume my love with a whole mess of mustard!

(He smothers the burger in mustard and eats– the whole thing. Then he laughs maniacally, food still in his mouth.)

My achy breaky heart now rests in my lower intestine.

All it needs is you, my Drucilla.

You and I - must become one.

Our hearts will digest together.

(He smothers the dead woman in mustard. Before he can eat her, he screams:)

Oh, my leg!

(Grabbing his leg, he keels over and dies.)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see the traffic must be really getting to you.

October 30, 2007 at 10:21 AM  
Blogger foodleking said...

From the "Selected Works of Stallion Cornell," I presume. I'm guessing this has seen several Off-Broadways presentations.

October 30, 2007 at 7:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are not of the body.

October 31, 2007 at 12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home