My Photo
Name:
Location: Argentina Neuquén Mission, Argentina

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The Worms of Hell

Not much time to blog today. Soon I descend into Artsy Fartsism as I review requests for the government's money to produce self-important dreck and/or Guys and Dolls.

In honor of the occasion, I offer you another excerpt from An Evening with Stallion Cornell, which, for unfathomable reasons, has never received government funding.

--------------------------------

From Act II of The Worms of Hell

EVERY MAN:

What makes you think you'll ever be able to understand? I don't need your pity--I don't need your sickly sweet smiles--I don't need you to tell me everything's all right.

Time? (Laughs.)

What is time to a man like me? I've seen a nation die--I've seen all I've ever worked for crumple into one bloody heap! Can you give me time? Time for revenge? For death? For the angry fire that I will never tame? The churning, fiery volcano of hate that burns hotter than the sun itself? Damn you! Damn you to hell! And may the infernal demons which slather for your soul consume your very innards in their unyielding flames! I'd offer you a biscuit first, but I don't like you very much.

So Die! And let the worms nibble on your bowels.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Not much time to blog today. Soon I descend into Artsy Fartsism as I review requests for the government's money to produce self-important dreck and/or Guys and Dolls."

Does that mean we can blame you for the next "P*ss Chr*st"?

November 14, 2007 at 10:28 AM  
Blogger foodleking said...

Is it possible to deny every request? Why does the government fund art anyway?

November 14, 2007 at 11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look at what a great job the goverment did with cheese. I bet they could do the same bang up job with art.

November 14, 2007 at 11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is some guy who thinks covering things in cheese is art.

I propose we cover him in government cheese. It will be a masterpiece.

I will need at least One Million Dollars to accomplish this.
Please make the check payable to

Robotonthetoilet
1313 Mockingbird Lane
...

November 14, 2007 at 11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home