My Photo
Name:
Location: Argentina Neuquén Mission, Argentina

Monday, January 14, 2008

Mitt Romney Is Doomed

I first started investing in the Stock Market in April 2000, right before the NASDAQ lost well over half its value. I figured the Utah Jazz were a shoo-in for the NBA Championship in 1998. I thought that Bob Dole was going to be President of the United States.

Mitt Romney is doomed.

I have the capacity to ruin any enterprise with my endorsement. Mitt's doom is due in no small part to my own confident post that Mitt would handily win Iowa and New Hampshire and ride the momentum all the way to the White House.

No doubt about it - Mitt is doomed.

There are encouraging signs out of Mittmentum in Michigan. Two polls released this weekend have Mitt up by either 8 or 5 points. Yet McCain is up by 1 or 2 or even 7 in other polls, and InTrade, where people buy "shares" in their candidates based on their expectations of victory, has McCain trading at 53 and Romney trading at 40 as of this writing. That means that people who actually put their money where their mouth is are betting on McCain to win. These are better numbers than Romney got in Iowa or New Hampshire at this point - Romney was trading in the 20s in both cases, while Huckabee and McCain were each in the 60s and 70s - but InTrade is very rarely wrong, and McCain will likely get a boost from the weenie independents who keep trying to shove the closet Dem down Republican throats.

Mark my words - Mitt is history. McCain will be the Republican nominee.

If Mitt were to win Michigan, he'd be a solid favorite to win Nevada two days later, which might provide solid momentum for him on Super Duper Tuesday. He's probably a goner in South Carolina, but if he denies McCain or Huckabee a victory prior to SC, he's still ahead of the pack. I don't know if Mitt needs to win Michigan the way some self-satisfied pundits insist, but I do know that a MI win will be a whole lot better than another Mitt silver medal. That's why I'm doing everything I can to ensure that my touch of death once again ensures that the candidate I support goes down to a humiliating, ignominious defeat.

I'm a McCain guy now.

I'm confident that a McCain/Huckabee ticket will arise from the ashes of the Republican Party and sweep to victory in November, thereby ensuring that conservatives will wander in the wilderness for decades to come.

Romney is doomed.

3 Comments:

Blogger The Wiz said...

I can't bring myself to say Go McCain.

January 14, 2008 at 11:21 AM  
Blogger Elder Samuel Bennett said...

Not to worry. The fact that I'm saying "Go McCain!" should be enough to end his candidacy.

January 14, 2008 at 12:00 PM  
Blogger WhiteEyebrows said...

I'm terrified for Nov. The way things look right now, I won't be able to vote for either ticket. I can't support Huckabee, McCain, or Hillary. I don't know enough about Obama, even after researching him.. so that's a default no vote as well.

Unless something major happens, I see no way the republicans win in Nov.

January 14, 2008 at 12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home