My Photo
Name:
Location: Argentina Neuquén Mission, Argentina

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Poopy Politics

Yeah, Eliot Spitzer resigned. So what? I don’t live in New York, and while all reports are that this guy is an insufferable, self-righteous prig, he has had no impact on my life whatsoever. His resignation will likely mean little or no change in how New York is governed, so what’s the big deal?

Well, the big deal is What It All Means.

Blech. What it means is that the media is uncomfortable reporting on sex scandals that involve Democrats. Sure, they’ll do it, but they’ll wring their hands the whole time and neglect to put a little D by the name of the offender. Contrast that to how they excoriated Larry Craig (R-Idaho) for his foot-tapping, and you see the latest example of a double standard. But who was looking for more evidence? How can anyone possibly argue that the mainstream media doesn’t tilt hard to the left? It’s just part of the landscape, and it’s hardly worth mentioning.

The only thing interesting in all of this is discovering how much this guy paid per hour for his hookers. Over five grand?! No wonder I’m faithful to my wife. I can’t afford not to be.

Other than that, this story just adds to the political noise.

Similarly, Obama and Hillary’s travails stopped being interesting a long time ago. But does anyone else notice that all the grunge is coming from one direction? Hillary’s people shamelessly denigrate Obama based on his race, and he shrugs his shoulders and moves on. Yet one of Barack’s lackeys has the temerity to call her a “monster” and instantly the lackey gets the sack. So many papers insist on talking about the Democratic infighting as if it’s a two-way street. How can anyone ignore the obvious – that Hillary Clinton is a shameless, corrupt, Machiavellian banshee? Say what you want about their politics, but Barack is manifestly more decent than the scheming Clintons. I just don’t see where there’s room for argument on this.

The only political story of any interest is the idea of Mitt Romney being considered as McCain’s running mate. I don’t know if it’s a good move for Mitt, since McCain’s going to lose, and Mitt runs the risk of turning himself into Jack Kemp or John Edwards. But if Mitt were on the ticket, I’d be forced to vote for McCain. So it would be a good move for the GOP, certainly. But I doubt it will happen, because McCain is a grudge-holding jerk.

Who gives a crap?

Actually, the crap section of yesterday’s post is much more interesting to me than anything in the political world these days. Not so my family. In private messages, my sisters have made it very clear that they do not find defecation in the open air to be a mystical act. My wife also expressed her extreme displeasure in my interest in the subject.

To them, I say – pshaw. Pooping costs lests than $5,000 an hour, but I refuse to do it outside, because then I’d have to clean it up.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"P--ping costs lests than $5,000 an hour"

Two words, Cleveland St-amer.

March 12, 2008 at 9:46 AM  
Blogger Papa D said...

I know it's impossible to explain properly the extent to which the Clintons are single-minded, power-hungry opportunists, so I will excuse your inability to do so fully. If she wins the presidency, I'm looking for a nice house in Alberta.

March 12, 2008 at 10:53 AM  
Blogger Papa D said...

Spitzer is a democrat?!?! I thought, based on the coverage, that he gained his position through immaculate election.

March 12, 2008 at 2:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spitzer, I didn't even know her...

March 12, 2008 at 4:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was staying at a Marriott in FT Lauderdale and someone pooped right next to the pool. In the middle of the day mind you. About 10 ft away from where I was reading.

I was impressed; we did not hear or see a thing. That pooper was a ninja.

The Marriott folks were not pleased.

March 12, 2008 at 7:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you ever:

1. been so proud of your poop that you have forced you someone into the bathroom to witness it.

2. Taken a picture of it before you flushed.

Yes and no. Although I have (unfortunately) been shown a couple of photos...

March 12, 2008 at 8:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someone has seen Blue Collar Comedy Tour.

March 12, 2008 at 8:12 PM  
Blogger foodleking said...

These have got to be your two worst posts, Jim.

March 12, 2008 at 8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home