My Photo
Name:
Location: Argentina Neuquén Mission, Argentina

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Questions for Fellow Conference Watchers

Why, oh why, does the Church refuse to broadcast the Priesthood Session live to the public at large?

It's not like there's secret goings on. They publish the whole thing in the Ensign the next month. They broadcast the Women's Conference just in case there are any dudes who want to watch. Why not do the same for the ladies?

This means that I have to actually clean up and show up at a meetinghouse wearing a tie and monkey suit and sit on hard benches when I could watch Priesthood the same way I watch the other sessions - looking like an unshaven slob as I lounge about on my very comfortable king-sized bed, drifting off only when absolutely necessary. 

Yessir, when I'm President of the Church, there's gonna be some changes around here. Big, big changes. 

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you.

April 5, 2008 at 4:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But the women's you have to go to a stake center too.

April 5, 2008 at 4:51 PM  
Blogger Papa D said...

I didn't wear a tie - and I wore a gray shirt. My son sitting next to me was in a maroon shirt - and tie. He was dressed better than I was, and I couldn't care less.

April 5, 2008 at 7:57 PM  
Blogger Mike Kingsley said...

Yeah, if I don't get out the Priesthood session, you can read the synopsis shortly after on deseretnews

April 6, 2008 at 10:01 AM  
Blogger WhiteEyebrows said...

The guy who sat behind me brought his 3 daughters (all primary aged). I thought, "The poor things! Let them LIVE!" As if there isn't already enough hours of GC...

April 7, 2008 at 6:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The Priesthood conference was broadcasted online after the last session.
Does that satisfy you?

November 7, 2009 at 5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home