My Photo
Name:
Location: Argentina Neuquén Mission, Argentina

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Typing

I have never had a fresh fish tell me what time it was. If that had happened, an locusts were present for the funeral, she might be all severe and treat me like the goose. Oh, to long for open fields of papaya, straining for the sun! Pinto beans have got nothing on me. Nothing. Only when I hath troubadoured in the woods for a very, very long time, and then even for shame! For shame! You doubt me? I don't care what YOU want, fella.

Abraham Lincoln was dead once. I wasn't sad, since it happened long, long, long before they invented bowling. Chaps often warn me of the jejune manner in which the table cloth was served. I tell them to order up a fried steak batter and let the good times frolic, frolic, so many swordsmen, so little...

Oh, this is a waste of time. If you read that, I apologize. But not much.

We watched the Incredible Hulk TV pilot as a family last night. It's very sad, you know. It's also surprisingly well written and acted. Bill Bixby doesn't get enough credit for what a stalwart, gravitas-laden actor he was. It's hard to take someone seriously when their last name is Bixby.

The Utah Treasurer's race is heating up, and there's a lot of mud being slung. I know one of the candidates - Mark Walker, who's accused of offering a job to his opponent, Richard Ellis, in order to get him out of the race. I think what really happened is that Ellis essentially ambushed Walker in a breakfast meeting and demanded to know whether Ellis would keep his job in the treasurer's office if Walker was elected, and Walker said "yeah, sure." That's a very different kettle of fish. Walker's a good guy, and he doesn't deserve to be beaten up like this.

Bottom line? It's a freakin' treasurer's race, people! Really, who cares?

14 Comments:

Blogger foodleking said...

Ode to Mr. Sanders:

How I liked your class. It was not very crass. Though I wish I could have sat instead on the grass. I did enjoy my typing class.

Sad to say, but probably the most truly useful class I took in high school was typing.

Oh...and I'm pretty sure Mr. Sanders was gay. That should satisfy you vultures.

June 12, 2008 at 12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like the turn my thoughts take when I'm falling asleep.

June 12, 2008 at 2:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was odd.

June 12, 2008 at 4:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jejune does not work in scrabble.

June 12, 2008 at 6:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bait and switch, looks like stealth marketing to me.

SB

June 12, 2008 at 6:44 PM  
Blogger Papa D said...

You were right. That was a waste of time - at least the first two paragraphs.

June 12, 2008 at 7:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The first 2 paragraphs were clear, the last were confusing.

Who are you kidding Oklahoma Boy?

SM

June 12, 2008 at 7:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I walked out of this blog today.

June 12, 2008 at 8:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Somebody's been dipping in the NyQuil again.

June 13, 2008 at 8:10 AM  
Blogger Heather O. said...

How come you're not talking about Kirby Heybourne doing a beer commercial? Isn't that like, right you your ally? People probably woudln't walk out so much on this blog if you talked about beer.

Kung Fu Panda is fun. Thanks for the tip.

June 13, 2008 at 2:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It appears blogboy has taken a long weekend.

June 13, 2008 at 3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you should spend a little less time blowharding here and a little more time incorporating the easy fix to the PM problem at Moist.

Darth left easy instructions. Get with it. I sure Benny will be happy if you do!!!

June 14, 2008 at 8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Walker only gets what he deserves. He made his bed and will lie in it, so to speak. Your scenario isn't plausible given the facts as they emerge. He refused to sign his afadavid because he's got a problem with perjury. If he didn't do it and it was just a he said/she said misunderstanding that's one thing. But it's Mark versus the truth, and that's a tough battle to win, no matter your family or political connections.

I will vote for the candidate with qualifications and a clear conscience. That's Ellis.

June 17, 2008 at 8:13 PM  
Blogger foodleking said...

If you believe Mr. Walker is lying, you should say so with your name attached. When SC writes "Walker is a good guy, and doesn't deserve this," it sounds like he is speaking from personal experience.

Note to SC: the world needs more stream of consciousness exploration, not less. I say "More typing, please!"

June 18, 2008 at 12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home