My Photo
Name:
Location: Argentina Neuquén Mission, Argentina

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Quick flashes...

Arrived in Colorado safely, despite screaming children and icy roads.

McCain's InTrade numbers are at 89; Huck is at 11. Looks like my endorsement will not be enough to keep Beavis down in South Carolina.

Richard Dutcher read my blog - welcome, sir! - posted a comment, and was offended, primarily by one of the anonymous comments to my preceding post. For the record, I do not know and have never met Mr. Dutcher, and I'm always surprised - and even a little embarrassed - when something like this happens to remind me that I don't write this blog in a vacuum. (I once wrote about a high school classmate who is now a convicted murderer and was somewhat surprised when I received an e-mail from said classmate almost immediately thereafter. It seems people are capable of Googling their own names. Who would have thought?)

Upon rereading it, I realize that my previous post was snarkier than it should have been and used Mr. Dutcher solely as an object lesson to illustrate a principle: i.e. artistic talent does not exempt anyone from church service. I wrote this without ample consideration for Mr. Dutcher as a person. I am in no position to judge Mr. Dutcher's character, and I apologize for treating him like an abstraction rather than a human being. I wish him and his family well.

In my own defense, I have bowel issues.

That is all for today.

P.S. My comment about the convicted murderer was not supposed to be a reflection on Richard Dutcher. Richard Dutcher, to the best of my knowledge, is not a murderer, convicted or otherwise. In fact, all indications are that he's a law-abiding citizen with a cool beard. He may or may not have some infractions on his driving record, but that's between him and his insurance provider.

3 Comments:

Blogger Susie J. said...

"He may or may not have some infractions on his driving record, but that's between him and his insurance provider."
*snicker* This had me LOL for some reason. Which, of course, made my toddler look at me funny before grinning and banging his head on the wall to make me laugh again.

January 19, 2008 at 4:34 PM  
Blogger The Wiz said...

So Richard Dutcher googles himself. I wonder if he goes to a lot of blogs and leaves comments. I wonder if he's on the Deseret News thread about him.

Seems like a lot of time on his hands. I, on the other hand, have WAYYYYYYYYYY too much time on my hands, but nobody talks about me on random blogs.

January 19, 2008 at 4:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand that Richard Dutcher only eats the creamy white part of Oreos. He then returns the chocolate cookies to the package.

January 19, 2008 at 6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home